The neighborhood is walkable and safe, and affords access to parks and trails nearby. Prosperity Heights has some distinct benefits that you can enjoy as a resident, both close to the neighborhood and also in the surrounding area. Here are some.
• Inova Fairfax Hospital: Walkability to the hospital is great if you are a healthcare practitioner. There is a walking path that connects to the north side of the Inova campus. By car, it is a quick trip on Woodburn Rd.
• Mosaic District: The Mosaic District is a popular urban center with restaurants of various kinds, weekly farmer’s markets, entertainment, boutique shops, a department store, organic grocery, gym and Target. It is a perfect spot to go for a night out, a coffee or some shopping.
• Dunn Loring & Metro: Just north of the Mosaic District is Dunn Loring, which also has various stores, a grocery chain, and restaurants, along with commercial space. This is also where the orange line stops on the Metrorail, which travels through Northern VA on its way into DC, and connects to the silver line to Dulles Airport. The Dunn Loring Metro is walkable from Prosperity Heights if you are an ambitious walker, and is minutes away via a bike or car.
• Eakin Park & Accotink: If you are a runner, hiker, biker or just want to take your dog for a walk, Accotink is an extensive trail system that runs along a stream. The entrance to this trail is Eakin Park. Many of the homes in Prosperity Heights are within a few minutes' walk to the park.
• Access to the Beltway: The neighborhood is within five minutes of the beltway, easily accessed via Gallows Rd. This highway connects to 66, the Dulles toll road and many other major thoroughfares.
• No Through Streets: One of the benefits of Prosperity Heights is the fact that it does not connect through to any main roads. It is accessed off of Woodburn Rd and there is no exit on the other side. This cuts down on the amount of traffic going through the neighborhood, making it more pleasant for walking and less noisy.
• Wooded & Open Areas: There are a lot of dense mature trees in the area. This is great because it gives the neighborhood the feeling of being in proximity to nature. The neighborhood also has a playground at the bottom of a large grassy hill, a great spot for sledding. There is also a pond and stream to walk by, providing frequent sightings of wildlife such as deer, foxes, birds and more.
• Active HOA: The homeowner’s association is small, and fees are low, but they do a great job of supporting the organization of activities for the residents. These include Halloween parades, ice cream socials, movie nights, food trucks and more. Annual meetings are held, and all members are welcome to attend HOA Board meetings as well.
Members can enjoy access to Eakin park, with tennis courts, baseball diamonds, beach volleyball pits, and a picnic shelter.
The cross-county connector trail runs through Eakin park and gives access to miles of walking or biking both north and south.
Hosts occasional movie nights, ice cream socials and food trucks in the summer.
Open daily to residents and their guests.